Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Black Magic Pwned


If you read my blogs, ever, you know that my favorite website outside of The High Road is Neatorama. Once again, Neatorama has posted something that I feel is worthy of further comment, Timbo-style.

Evidently, in India, Black Magicians are something of a concern. This Indian guy, Sanal Edamaruku, who is the president of something called "Rationalist International" decided to lay down the gauntlet, and challenged a Black Magician (or "tantrik") to kill him via the dark arts on live television.

Needless to say, nothing happened. The original idea of this being a 15 minute experiment stretched into two hours, at which point the Tantrik said he had a mega-death spell that would only work at night. Sanal said "O RLY" and challenged the guy to throw down with his super evil hotness that evening. Not unsurprisingly, Sanal still walks among the living. It's not a bad story, so check this link if you want to read the whole thing:


Note that I included a picture at the top of my link. My one complaint with Sanal is that he didn't have some more fun with it. Like, if that was me, I would have occasionally screamed in horrendous pain just to screw with the guy. If that failed, I would have taken it up a notch and collapsed to the ground. Finally, as a showstopper, I would have used my indomitable will and intellect to stop my heart for a little bit, then I would have popped back up after 5 or 10 seconds and said "Pwned, Black-Magic n00b!!!" That would have been more awesome than fireworks on the 6th of July.


No comments: