Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bleh.

It occurs to me that more interesting stuff needs to happen. I am so sick of turning on the news and listening to stories about the war, or the Democrat/Republican battle for the white house, or pedophilac priests, or whatever. Even the sanctuary of sports, which admittedly have always had a fair share of controversy, have become depressing. Steroids, murdered athletes, rapey athletes, the whole bunch. Basically, it all sucks, and I am sick of it.

What we need, desperately, is for something cool to happen. Something that can refocus the human spirit, redirect our energies in a positive direction, and bring hope to the masses. What we need, friends, is Wyld Stallionz.

Perhaps you don't remember one of the greatest movies ever made, "Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure". If you don't, you've probably been living under a rock, but here is the basic thrust of the story. Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan form a band (Wyld Stallionz) that eventually goes on to rescue humanity from itself. There was a little time travel involved, plus George Carlin, but in the end, it was all about the rocking. Assuredly, rocking will save us.

On a side note, once I become a full time history teacher, I plan on emulating two things that I got from the movie. First, my finals will be in the form of a speech given in front of the entire student body, and secondly, I will allow students to perform laser shows. In fact, I am going to take it one step further and demand that students perform laser shows. History is the coolest, but everything could use a little zazz and laser shows are the zazziest things there are.

Chuck D drops the lyrical.

No comments: