Thursday, November 29, 2007

Silly Scots...

So, I got this little nugget of humor off of Neatorama: Scotland recently spent close to 12,500 pounds (frustratingly, I don't know how to do the "pound" symbol) to develop a new slogan for the country. After the money was spent and the dust had cleared, you know what the new slogan is?

"Welcome to Scotland".

Lest you think I jest, here is the link to the article:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2007/11/28/scotland-s-new-125k-slogan-welcome-to-scotland-86908-20170094/

If you opt not to read the article, the bulk of the money was spent on materials and placement as opposed to development, but it is still pretty funny to me that the absolute best thing that the Scots could come up with is "Welcome to Scotland". My personal suggestion would have been "HEAD! PANTS! NOW!", which a select few of you will get and find funny.

No comments: