Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Being funny is easy.


Believe it or not, I actually have to put a little thought into what I write on here. I genuinely want people to laugh and to visit TWWoT for a break, and so while most of my stuff is probably the antithesis of comedy, I am at least trying.

Occasionally, I don't have to do anything, as comedy presents itself pre-written. Sometimes life throws you a bone, which will sound very funny here in a second after I paste and bold in an actual headline that I found today:

Lynchings in Congo as penis theft panic hits capital

Honestly, what could I write to make that sentence any better? You have people getting strung up over penis theft, a crime that I was previously unaware of but am now terrified of. Of course, getting hung (ha, see that's unintentionally funny) is no laughing matter, but being hung for penis theft? Pretty funny.

Anyway, to prove I am not just fabricating lies, here is a link to the article, which is as funny as anything I could have dreamed of writing, particularly given it's seriousness, especially the last line...

No comments: