Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sumerians are Hilarious.


Exciting news: The worlds oldest joke has been documented! The joke dates back to 1900 BC, and is credited to the Sumerians. Here is the joke:

"Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap."

Huh. Well, I guess if nothing else this proves that fart jokes have been funny for a lot longer than I would have thought.

I would like to write more, but I hurt my back the other day and simply don't feel like sitting here. Sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interestingly I researched why farts in the bathtub stink so much worse than open air farts. As it turns out, the bubble rising from the depths gains volume thus reducing temperature which thereby slows the particulate motion of the gaseous emission effectively consolidating the putrescence. It's somehow reassuring that the ideal gas law applies to farts marine and otherwise.

J.R.Shirley said...

Who are these guys?

Timbo said...

Who, The Sumerians? Well, the joke came from the actual Sumerians of ye olden tymes, but the picture is of some punk band from back in the day. I couldn't find any funny pictures of actual Sumerians, haha.