Monday, October 20, 2008

Empowering Chimps

Well, at this point I think it is well-established that I like monkeys. I think it is also well-established that I think that monkeys and bears will one day band together and kill us all. Given this video, it may seem odd that I bring this up, but let me explain after you watch:



So, while it is kind of funny and weird that this chimp eventually figures out how to turn and stuff on a Segway, I have to question the wisdom of teaching him these skills at all. I mean, why not just teach him how to shoot, drive and maintain a tank while you're at it? Teaching monkeys how to master human technology is never a good idea, except in the rare occasion that it is not possible for them to learn to use it against us.

Also, I have to point out that I typically shy away from posting Japanese show clips on my blog. It's far, far too simple to comment on the overall wackiness of the Japanese, and I could easily do nothing but. As a result, I rarely do so, but this event seemed to warrant it.

No comments: